Does your family know...
What's Where When You're Gone?
Can You Confidently Answer These Questions?
- Do your children, or grandchildren, know if you have a will and where it’s located?
- What assets do you have and where are they?
- Do they know what debts you owe, where the titles to your vehicles are or what bank accounts you have?
- What about who your lawyer, accountant or investment person is?
- Do you have life insurance and/or a retirement check coming in each month?
- Do you have a living will and if so, where is it?
- What about desired funeral arrangements.
These are the kinds of questions literally everyone asks, when that loved one passes, but few have the answers to. That is why this manual was created! (View the entire manual by clicking the cover on this page)
Why the Manual Was Created
Like most things in life, this manual was created out of need. Having lost both parents, I personally know how difficult it is to locate everything that is needed to close out an estate. When my AARP card arrived several years ago, reality stuck again. If something were to happen to my wife and I at the same time, our children would have no idea what assets we had or where they could be found. [read more]
The manual is available in a variety of formats:
- Physical Manual - Some people like to physically write so the physical manual is available.
- PDF Fill-In-The-Blank – Younger people (filling out information for parents, grandparents and/or friends) like to use computers and type in the information.
- Customization for Businesses – Businesses, who what to use the manual as a gift, can have their full color logo printed on the front with up to three pages of information about their company included in the front of the manual.
- Personal Use – Collection point for all important information for family to access in order to settle an estate.
- Parents/Grandparents – Friends or family can help fill out the manual so they can make their wishes know.
- Businesses – Use as a gift to employees and/or a Thank You gift for individuals using their services.
Table of Contents
Five (5) Legal Documents Everyone Should Have ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐----‐ 7
Seven Do’s and Don’ts to Consider for a Smooth Family Transition ‐ 11
Personal and Family Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐---- 12
Professional Relationships ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐-- 17
Military Service ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐---- 19
Banking/Credit Unions ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐-‐‐‐‐‐----- 21
Property ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ 25
Vehicle/Equipment Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐- 30
Retirement Income/Pensions ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐- 35
Health Insurance ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐- 38
Insurances (General) ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ 40
Credit/Debit Card Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐-‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ 42
Computer/iPad/Phone Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐-‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐- 45
User Names and Password Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐‐‐‐---‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ 47
Debt Summary (Other Than Credit Cards, Mortgage or Vehicles) ‐---‐ 49
Jewelry/Family Heirlooms/Antiques, Etc. ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐‐--- 52
Hidden Cash ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐-- 55
Investments ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--- 57
Monthly Payments That Need To Be Canceled ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐-‐--‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐-60
Funeral Desires and Requests ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐--‐---63
Miscellaneous Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐----66
General Business Information ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐‐‐‐‐‐ 68