A complete learning path to educate the owner in the HVAC industry and customer service
All lessons are available online, 24 hours a day, and can be taken at the owner’s own pace.
Listed in suggested viewing order. Full course access available for 1 year.
Planning For Profit – Streaming Version & Labor Pricing for Profit Software
What You Can Expect To Learn –
You will learn exactly what you have to charge per hour to cover costs, while generating the profits you want. The program will also create month-by-month, department-by-department cash flow budgets, set proper residential and commercial maintenance agreement pricing, and let you bid jobs for profit (based on your cost of doing business).
Grow Your Profits –
You will also learn the “what if” process of maximizing your profitability. You will be able to model things like adding an employee, changing an overhead cost, increasing the markup on materials,and pricing maintenance agreements. You will learn how these will affect your hourly rate, cash flow, and company profitability.
What It Includes –
- Access to 35 online lessons where you can learn at your own pace
- Labor Pricing software that you will use to determine all your numbers to make your business profitable
- Software is Windows compatible and includes FREE lifetime support
- Fully downloadable manual to step you through the learning process
- And context sensitive help screens – just press F1 on any page to view the help files for that screen.
- 16 Hours Nate Credit
Money Matters – The Monthly Review
The Money Matters series covers the monthly review that every business owner should be conducting to make sure your business is staying on track financially. This process will help to identify issues when they come up and allow you to make changes before they become a real problem.
- Lesson 1 – Foundations of the Financial Review (30 min)
- Lesson 2 – Profit and Loss Statement (30 min)
- Lesson 3 – The Balance Sheet (30 min)
- Lesson 4 – Payables & Receivables (15 min)
- Lesson 5 – Hill & Valley, Debt Reduction, & Profit Sharing (25 min)
- Lesson 6 – Tying it all together (40 min)
Providing Great Customer Experience
Every business wants loyal customers who return again and again for your product or service. Unfortunately, many companies find themselves in a bidding war every time their customers need something new. Until we realize customer service alone is no longer sufficient, we are missing a key ingredient to lasting success and a loyal customer base.
If you are an owner or manager, this course will help you evaluate your company to determine what improvements you can make and then meet with your team to discuss. If you are a customer service rep, sales associate, technician, etc., you will gain valuable insight as to the impact each team member makes in providing Great Customer Experience.
- Lesson 1 – Customer Service vs Customer Experience (6 min)
- Lesson 2 – Challenges to Great Customer Experience (12 min)
- Lesson 3 – Why Do Customers Leave? (13 min)
- Lesson 4 – Ingredients to Great Customer Experience (16 min)
- Lesson 5 – Discover What Matters Most (7 min)
- Lesson 6 – Leverage Your Distinctions (10 min)
- Lesson 7 – Discover Your Why (8 min)
- Lesson 8 – Moments of Truth (14 min)
- Lesson 9 – Are you GOLD Today? (7 min)
- Lesson 10 – The Skill of Listening (9 min)
- Lesson 11 – Phone Etiquette (11 min)
- Lesson 12 – The Power of Ratings and Reviews (10 min)
Communication is Key
We all have a different communication style. Understanding this and learning how to apply it to your conversations can greatly improve your relationships and your business. Based upon the DISC Behavioral Model, we start with the basics and then apply it to a variety of business settings that can help your sales people be more effective in selling, build up your team members morale and communication, and hire and promote the right people for the right job.
- Lesson 1 – Understanding DISC Behaviors (45 min)
- Lesson 2 – Recognizing DISC, Understanding & Appreciating Others (45 min)
- Lesson 3 – DISC Behavioral Selling (60 min)
- Lesson 4 – Understanding Motivators (50 min)
- Lesson 5 – Managing Your Team With DISC Behaviors & Motivators (60 min)
- Lesson 6 – Hiring & Promotion (40 min)
Why Do We Need To Charge So Much?
Employees sometimes think that the boss is making a huge profit off of them. But is he? In this course, we will help them to understand the fixed and variable costs that calculate into the company’s hourly rate and why the boss needs to charge what he does to make a profit. (75 min)