A complete learning path to educate your Install Tech in the HVAC industry and customer service
All lessons are available online, 24 hours a day, and can be taken at the employee's own pace.
Listed in suggested viewing order. Full course access available for 1 year.
HVAC 101 Foundations Onboarding
HVAC 101 Foundations Onboarding is a course that prepares new employees for success in the HVAC industry. It will give them a basic understanding of system components, comfort controls, and system features that will give them a conversational knowledge about the industry.
- Lesson 1 – Split System Overview
- Lesson 2 – Air Handlers & Furnaces
- Lesson 3 – Package Units
- Lesson 4 – Geothermal, Ductless & Boilers
- Lesson 5 – IAQ & Comfort Controls
- Lesson 6 – System Efficiency Overview
- Lesson 7 – Basic System Design – Part 1
- Lesson 8 – Basic System Desgin – Part 2
- Lesson 9 – Resources
Customer Service Bundle
These courses are ideal for all HVAC employees who interact with customers (i.e. CSRs, dispatchers, technicians, installers and office staff). (2 Hours Nate Credit) 4 Lessons that address the following topics
- Make the Customer Feel Understood
- Convey Engaging Body Language
- Technician Behavior in the Field
- Maximizing a Technician’s First Impression
- Empathize with customers
- Active Listening Skills
- Phone Call Etiquette
- Effective introduction strategies
- Conflict resolution skills
- Personal Accountability
- Valuable Objectivity during Customer Service Events
- Teamwork and Efficiency Among Employees
- Word usage in communication and understanding
- Positive Attitude is a Choice
Communication is Key
We all have a different communication style. Understanding this and learning how to apply it to your conversations can greatly improve your relationships and your business. Based upon the DISC Behavioral Model, we start with the basics and then apply it to a variety of business settings that can help your sales people be more effective in selling, build up your team members morale and communication, and hire and promote the right people for the right job.
- Lesson 1 – Understanding DISC Behaviors (45 minutes)
- Lesson 2 – Recognizing DISC, Understanding & Appreciating Others (45 minutes)
- Lesson 3 – DISC Behavioral Selling
- Lesson 4 – Understanding Motivators
Why Do We Need To Charge So Much?
Employees sometimes think that the boss is making a huge profit off of them. But is he? In this course, we will help them to understand the fixed and variable costs that calculate into the company’s hourly rate and why the boss needs to charge what he does to make a profit. (1 lesson)