A complete learning path to educate the owner in the HVAC industry and customer service
All lessons are available online, 24 hours a day, and can be taken at the owner’s own pace.
Listed in suggested viewing order. Full course access available for 1 year.
Planning For Profit – Streaming Version & Labor Pricing for Profit Software
What You Can Expect To Learn –
You will learn exactly what you have to charge per hour to cover costs, while generating the profits you want. The program will also create month-by-month, department-by-department cash flow budgets, set proper residential and commercial maintenance agreement pricing, and let you bid jobs for profit (based on your cost of doing business).
Grow Your Profits –
You will also learn the “what if” process of maximizing your profitability. You will be able to model things like adding an employee, changing an overhead cost, increasing the markup on materials,and pricing maintenance agreements. You will learn how these will affect your hourly rate, cash flow, and company profitability.
What It Includes –
- Access to 35 online lessons where you can learn at your own pace
- Labor Pricing software that you will use to determine all your numbers to make your business profitable
- Software is Windows compatible and includes FREE lifetime support
- Fully downloadable manual to step you through the learning process
- And context sensitive help screens – just press F1 on any page to view the help files for that screen.
- 16 Hours Nate Credit
Money Matters – The Monthly Review
The Money Matters series covers the monthly review that every business owner should be conducting to make sure your business is staying on track financially. This process will help to identify issues when they come up and allow you to make changes before they become a real problem.
- Lesson 1 – Foundations of the Financial Review (30 minutes)
- Lesson 2 – Profit and Loss Statement (30 minutes)
- Lesson 3 – The Balance Sheet (30 minutes)
- Lesson 4 – Payables & Receivables (15 minutes)
- Lesson 5 – Hill & Valley, Debt Reduction, & Profit Sharing (25 min)
- Lesson 6 – Tying it all together (40 minutes)
Customer Service Bundle
These courses are ideal for all HVAC employees who interact with customers (i.e. CSRs, dispatchers, technicians, installers and office staff). (2 Hours Nate Credit)
4 Lessons that address the following topics
- Make the Customer Feel Understood
- Convey Engaging Body Language
- Technician Behavior in the Field
- Maximizing a Technician’s First Impression
- Empathize with customers
- Active Listening Skills
- Phone Call Etiquette
- Effective introduction strategies
- Conflict resolution skills
- Personal Accountability
- Valuable Objectivity during Customer Service Events
- Teamwork and Efficiency Among Employees
- Word usage in communication and understanding
- Positive Attitude is a Choice
Communication is Key
We all have a different communication style. Understanding this and learning how to apply it to your conversations can greatly improve your relationships and your business. Based upon the DISC Behavioral Model, we start with the basics and then apply it to a variety of business settings that can help your sales people be more effective in selling, build up your team members morale and communication, and hire and promote the right people for the right job.
- Lesson 1 – Understanding DISC Behaviors (45 minutes)
- Lesson 2 – Recognizing DISC, Understanding & Appreciating Others (45 minutes)
- Lesson 3 – DISC Behavioral Selling
- Lesson 4 – Understanding Motivators
- Lesson 5 – Managing Your Team With DISC Behaviors & Motivators
- Lesson 6 – Hiring & Promotion
Why Do We Need To Charge So Much?
Employees sometimes think that the boss is making a huge profit off of them. But is he? In this course, we will help them to understand the fixed and variable costs that calculate into the company’s hourly rate and why the boss needs to charge what he does to make a profit. (1 lesson)